Saturday, October 18, 2008



Although autumn officially arrived on September 22, we in the deep south have only begun to feel the effects. Yesterday was the first "cold snap" and this morning the temperature dipped to 45 degrees. Makes me want to think about the holidays, but there is so much beauty to enjoy from this season that I cannot let it pass without paying tribute to some of the sights, aromas, and delights that are part of fall. The picture of the leaf that I am sharing is from www.sxc.hu/ .


The cats in the basket are some that I made for fall decorating. They are available for purchase in my Etsy store.






The "Kiss of the Sun" Pincushion is also one of my creations for fall, and I borrowed the name from the poem, "The kiss of the sun for pardon, the song of the birds for mirth. One is nearer God's heart in a garden than anywhere else on earth." It was made from new and vintage fabrics, buttons and millinery ribbon with a little vintage figurine of two birds in autumn colors.



It is available on the www.rosemarysgarden.biz website. As an artist, I just enjoy the colors and fabric of fall, as you can see!

I will be sharing more about the season later; today is Saturday and I will be spending time with my family. Enjoy the fall--those leaves will soon turn and be gone! Capture your moment and seize the day with whatever God has given you to do!

3 comments:

John Milton Richardson said...

your best pincushion yet!! keep up the good work!

Rita said...

Hi Rosemary, This is a wonderful site. As soon as I have a bit more time I'll link to you here. Please come visit me some time. I haven't updated in ages, but I promise I will very soon. Just in case you need a reminder... LOL We met at the leadership retreat yesterday. Blessings to you. Rita

Lorea said...

I've been meaning to recommend a product to you that you might be able to sell in your shop. It's Habersham Candles. They have wax spheres that are wickless and smell wonderful! They sell them at the gift shop in the hospital here.

Here's their website:

http://www.habershamcandle.com/Content/23.htm