Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter!


Hello, I just wanted to wish everyone Happy Easter, and share some of the things I've been doing lately. Here is a spring arrangement I did for my Easter table with pansies and bunny. I will be making a chicken casserole, strawberry pretzel salad, asparagus, carrots, and rolls.

I have always wanted to learn how to use the hand decorating bags for icing cookies so decided to try it. I made sugar cookies from a recipe out of the Huntsville Heritage Cookbook. The recipe is called "Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies" and the author said it was her great-grandmother's recipe. It is a great recipe, and the dough was very easy to work with. I would be happy to share it with anyone who is interested. The cookies baked well and didn't crumble.









I made icing from
egg whites, confectioner's sugar, and lemon juice. The consistency was good and easy to work with in the decorating bag.





I was pleased with the results, but need more practice! Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter with your family!

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Hi Rosemary,
I love your Spring arrangement!!
The cookies turned out well, very Martha Stewart!
Thanks so much for visiting me!
You have a Happy Easter as well.
I am adding you to by blog list, if you don't mind?
Talk soon,
from one Rosemary to another

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Well you dun good! I think I want to come to your house for lunch. Have a great day! We're a small group tomorrow. It'll just be me, my daughter and her boyfriend and I think we're going to go to the only cafe in town that's open. Hubby has to work.